Betavine is a mobile development website I worked on during my year long placement at Vodafone.
I worked on various areas of the site but mainly concentrated on the construction and development of the Social Exchange area. In addition to general work on the site and it’s pages, I also implemented some specific functionality such as:
- Challenge and solution mapping using the Google Maps and Google Visualization APIs
- Syndication of messages from Twitter based on search terms, tweet type and more
- Automatic Ajax previews for challenge and solution links
- Integrated ‘dynamic banners’ into the the exiting CMS system allowing a banner to be placed on any CMS page which shows an image at random from a list based on weightings given by the user
- RSS feeds for challenges, solutions, comments etc